Sunday, January 30, 2011

busy week and another super busy one ahead!

Wow! Seriously....I went non-stop this last week. I worked a full week (which hasn't happened in a while with my weird schedule). 
Wednesday we babysat Emma. 
play dough!
Thursday I had recipe club. Recipe of note: Zucchini Fries from the kitchen of Megan Trower! I haven't made them yet. But they were so delicious!
Zucchini Fries
Ingredients: 
zucchini (cut into "fries")
Italian bread crumbs
garlic salt (smidgen) 
milk 
parmesan cheese


Directions:
Combine bread crumbs and garlic salt. Cover zucchini in milk, then roll in bread crumb mixture. Place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle cheese over the fries and bake at 350 about 20 min.


Friday I tried to play catch-up, ran errands, got some more art supplies, got my hair cut, helped Kevin with his grad school application personal statement. Geez...I ran around like a crazy person all day, then I went out with my girls dancing until late (way past my bedtime). I'm glad I went though.  It was so much fun!


Saturday I really needed to work on my print, buuuuuut the weather was incredible! I'm talkin 77, sunny skies, barely any wind! Kevin and I spent a lot of time outside and ran some errands (with the windows down). We went to the Asian Market, got pho and then went to dinner at Musashi's for Sky's 30th bday. Emma was feeling under the weather, so she wasn't her usual self, but we still had a lot of fun watching her watch the fire. AND I did work on my print when we got home. 
eating a nana at Musashi's...poor girl!
Today I have been working away on my print and it s coming along. Here's what I have so far plus a little experiment.
can you tell what it is yet?
only about 15 more layers to go
on wood! loving it!
And last but not least this is what I made for dinner tonight. Holy cow! 
Scallops with Caramelized Onion and Artichoke Pasta
Ingredients:
6 sea scallops or about half lb. bay scallops
dash garlic powder
S&P
2 T. melted butter
2 T. lemon juice
spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta
1/4 cup pasta water
1 garlic clove
1/4 yellow onion
1 can artichoke hearts
grated parmesan
fresh parsley


Directions:
Rinse scallops and pat dry. Combine butter, lemon juice and garlic powder. Place scallops in a shallow baking dish and pour butter mixture over. Sprinkle with S&P. Preheat oven to broil with rack on very top position.  Meanwhile boil pasta, drain and set aside 1/4 cup pasta water. Broil scallops 8-10 min or until slightly golden on top. Caramelize the onions and garlic in butter over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts near the end.  Toss scallops and onion mixture together with pasta. Pour scallop cooking liquid over the top and slowly pour in the pasta water until sauce is thin enough to coat pasta. Top with grated cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.


Notes:
Forgive me. I didn't measure much of anything with this. I was kind of making it up as I went along, so just use as much pasta as you need and season to your liking. These are the best scallops EVER! Don't leave out the cheese, whatever you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)