Monday, January 3, 2011

the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011

It has been a while since I've had any time to post. So get ready for a long one. Well our holiday started out with the wonderful night of the Winter Solstice and Lunar Eclipse. We got up at 3am to watch the full moon turn red. It was quite an experience. The next day my dad got here and stayed with us for a couple of days. I got an early Christmas gift...a yellow mixer!

Edited with my new version of Photoshop!
I finally used it last night to make some Chocolate Drop Cookies from recipe club. The recipe is up, and you must try them!


On Christmas Eve morning we got up early and went over to Kevin's mom's house. We had breakfast and opened presents. Emma Kate grabbed a present from under the tree, and decided it was time to tear into them. It was a tea set with a talking teapot from Uncle Kevin and Aunt Sarah! She loves it! We babysat her a few nights ago, and all she wanted to do was pour tea for us. 




Kevin got to open his beloved ipad! I have been holding that secret in for so long...gah! He loves it of course. Hopefully it will come in handy when he goes back to school next year. I am loving the allrecipes app he put on it for me! 



After that we went over to my mom's house just to hang out. We watched The Grinch and snuggled with the dogs.


Kevin and Roxy
Sleepy Jack


The next day we woke up and had our own little Christmas morning together. Kev got me a GPS (which was much needed because I am directionally challenged) some cute dishes, mugs and a pretty sweet cutting board with pie crust measurements. 



Then we went to Tulsa to be with my dad's side of the family at Granny's house. That is always a crazy fun time. I got a cute red scarf and some much needed $$$. We stuffed our bellies and drove back home that night. 


Glorious black olives!

My dad came back the next day and stayed with us until the 30th. I'm glad I got to spend so much time with him this year. I don't get to see him much. For New Years Eve we went to the Flaming Lips Freakout. It was our 4th year in a row to go! I was kind of bummed about doing the same old thing, but it ended up being so worth it! The show was better than ever, and after midnight they played one of our favorite albums "The Soft Bulletin" all the way through. I was really glad we ended up going.


my favorite...opening and closing flowers
We got really close for the soft bulletin
Wayne's laser hands!


So all in all it was a pretty good holiday season (you know I left out the bumps in the road). But really, it was great. And I have a  new year's resolution....drumroll.....it's to have a new job within my field by the end of 2011! Big surprise, I need a new job. I have been stuck there waaaay too long. This month marks 3 years. That is not okay. I have a college degree, I should not be slinging lattes. So here's to 2011! May it bring new beginnings.

1 comment:

  1. I am supportive of this new job idea, but I will be honest...I will miss coming in to get my coffee! You make the best drinks ever, when you leave I will retire my drink...never again....never again

    ReplyDelete

i love comments and feedback :)