Sunday, January 9, 2011

lazy snowy sunday

It's snowing! It's all melting when it hits the ground, but it's supposed to keep snowing all day and tomorrow too. Sooo maybe a snow day tomorrow?! I hope so! Today has been lazy and great.


I was craving hash browns, but didn't want to go through the frying process. So I came up with this. When I come up with my own recipes, I usually don't measure anything. This is pretty fool proof, so I just estimated on the amounts. Feel free to change things and make your version.


Hash Brown Scramble
Ingredients: 
1 potato
about 3 T. diced onion
1 grated garlic clove
dash paprika and coarse salt
1 T. vegetable oil
handful grated cheddar and parmesan cheese
4 eggs
splash half and half
dash dried dill and parsley


Directions: 
Peel and grate potato on large grater. Put into a tea towel or paper towels and squeeze out excess liquid. Toss to combine potato, garlic, onion, paprika and salt in a bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add potato mixture and cook about 5 min. Stirring occasionally. Meanwhile beat eggs, half and half, cheese, dill, parsley and another dash of salt. Add to skillet cooking until egg is cooked through. Stir and flip occasionally. Top with more grated cheese.


Notes: 
You can also add veggies or meat into the egg mixture. Use what you have on hand. I was thinking tex-mex style would be good: black beans, red and green peppers, diced tomato or salsa. I didn't have any of these, but I did have avocado. So I diced those up and added them on top. It's really versatile, so add whatever you like. Enjoy! 


Not the prettiest thing, but it sure is tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty! And boy would I love a snow day! I'm going to be very sad if we don't get a snow storm this year :(

    ReplyDelete

i love comments and feedback :)