Friday, January 21, 2011

family time, focaccia and more soup

Tonight we had a long overdue family dinner. Emma Kate is growing up, and she is so funny! She still loves to eat... a lot! We had spaghetti!
Priscilla and miss Georgia are in town this weekend. We thought they would be stopping by, but after driving all day they couldn't make it. :( Our dinner a couple of nights ago was inspired by them. Priscilla's blog always has a ton of great looking recipes. I finally made a couple. The focaccia, a success! I was so proud of myself for not messing it up. Here they are...

Red Potato Soup

Ingredients:
3 shallots (minced)
2 celery ribs (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 T. olive oil
S&P
2 lbs red potatoes (cubed with skin left on)
1 box vegetable broth
2 cups milk
3/4 cup parmesan cheese

Directions:
Saute shallots, celery and garlic in olive oil with S&P over medium heat in a large soup pot until soft. Add potatoes, broth and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked through. Ladle half the soup into a blender or food processor. Process until almost smooth. Return to pot. Add milk and cheese. 

Notes:
The original recipe called for onions instead of shallots. The only reason I used shallots instead is because I was out of onions. It turned out great. I also added the celery and more cheese :) I wanted to use the whole box of broth, so I added another cup of milk. I will be using this recipe again for sure. Remember to use what you have on hand. Soup making is not an exact science. Here's the link to my inspiration. It's near the end of the page.
Potato Soup and Olive Focaccia, genius! 


It looks like a landscape
I really don't feel like typing this whole recipe out. It's a long one. So click on the title link if you would like, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Don't be scared. It was easy! And I know this is not really Priscilla's recipe, but that's what I'm calling it. It will always be Priscilla's Olive Focaccia to me. I'm so glad I finally made bread. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time. This one was perfect to start with. Next up will be asiago focaccia and potato bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)