Thursday, January 6, 2011

IMPORTANT: recipe experiment

This is only important to those of you who look at my recipes often or would like to look for a recipe here in the future. I am in the process of totally rearranging my blog layout. I know I asked for input on how to organize recipes just a few short hours ago, but I am impatient and decided to go for it. 


I have made two new pages (which are now on the left side of the page instead of above): dinners 2010 and sweets 2010. Now this is a little over-generalized because we all know that my recipes cannot be split up into only two categories. So just a heads up dinners 2010 include the best entrees, soups, salads, appetizers and snacks of 2010. Sweets 2010 has cakes, cookies, pies and all other sorts of sweets including muffins and breads and also breakfasts.


As for the other page tabs that were there before, they have all been integrated into past posts. So of the earth, tunes and memories can now be found with their corresponding posts. For example: Halloween memories can now be found in the post made for Halloween. This is how I will do this from now on.


I hope this recipe system works. My plan is to put new recipes in posts, not on a separate page. I will now use the labels feature too, so it's easier to find recipes if you're looking for something specific. Let me know what you think!!! Please! And here are the first recipes of 2011!


Coconut Curry Ingredients: 2 grated garlic cloves, 1 small diced yellow onion, 1 T. fresh grated ginger, olive oil, S&P, 2 T. curry powder, 2 T. warm water, 1/2 can sweetened coconut milk, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup water, 1 medium cubed potato, 1/2 lb. chicken and/or shrimp (optional). Directions: Saute garlic, onion and ginger in olive oil with S&P over medium/high heat for about 5 min. Stir curry powder and water together to form a paste. Add to saute until smell is fragrant. Add coconut milk, milk, yogurt and water. Bring to a boil, then add chopped chicken. Reduce, cover and simmer about 20 min until sauce is thick and chicken is cooked through. If using shrimp cook 15 min then add shrimp and cook another 5 min. Serve over rice.




Chocolate Drop Cookies Ingredients: 1 8oz. block cream cheese, 1 stick unsalted butter, 1 tspn vanilla, 1 egg, 1 box chocolate cake mix, 1/3 cup powdered sugar. Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Mix room temperature butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla and egg. Then mix in cake batter. Roll into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake for 8-10 min. Let cool 5 min, then sprinkle with more powdered sugar. I usually don't use boxed cake mixes, but lately they have been coming in handy with recipes like this that use them in different ways. These are so good and versatile. You can use any kind of cake mix.

2 comments:

  1. I made your Brownies the other night for a dinner with friends and everyone raved over them. They were ALL gone by the next morning! We must get the recipe! What an awesome gift and such a huge blessing to not have to do all the leg work for last minute dinner with guest! You're a peach! Also, I'm gonna have to check your layout cause mine is such a mess! I was wondering if I needed to move to Word Press but that is a bit to complicated for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got them!! I was so worried that the box never got there safe. We were supposed to get confirmation that it had arrived. Whew! I will put all the holiday jar recipes on here soon. I'll be sure to include it. And boo to Word Press. I looked at it when I first started blogging. Hated it! I'm not sure about this layout right now. I'm giving it a few days. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments and feedback :)