Friday, July 9, 2010

oklahoma summer

Usually summer in Oklahoma consists of blistering heat in the triple digits, cracked earth, dry brittle grass, and not much rain. This year is different. June was pretty hot, but it rained a record number of inches. In one day we had 11 inches which flooded neighborhoods and businesses. It was crazy. Then there was the hail. That was late May. Baseball and softball size! I've never seen anything like it. Now it's July which is usually the hottest time of the summer along with early August. Well it IS hot (not 100, but hot). It has rained everyday for the past 5 days in a row! The sun will come out as a teaser, but then it pours and it is so unbelievably muggy. Can't we just get something in between? I need sun and so do my plants!

FYI: I have updated the recipe page and will be updating the other pages tomorrow. I will now mention updated pages in my posts. Farewell from muggy OK.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote down your "Summer Salad" recipe! I'm going to make it next week! Thanks! I like your recipe page idea. I will visit it often ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments and feedback :)