Saturday, July 10, 2010

day off

I expected this day to be a lot harder than it was. Today would have been my nephew's 14th birthday. It has only been a little over a month since he died, so I decided to take off work (I didn't know how I would be). But surprisingly it was a really good day. I took some time this morning to remember him. Then I went along with my day. It was very productive; I ran errands and went to the grocery store. Had some fun too; grilled shrimp and veggie kabobs with the hubby, spent a few hours by the pool, had some friends over, and now I just finished making granola. Yesterday was harder just thinking about how hard today would be. Isn't that weird how we work ourselves up like that? Anyway, it ended up being a good day in memory of Nick. He would have loved a day like this. Pool time was one thing we loved to share.

FYI new stuff in the recipe page. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)