Sunday, July 4, 2010

getting started on Independence Day

I'm new at this blogging thing. I'm not exactly a tech-savy person, so bear with me while i try to figure this out.




It's July 4th. I have a heavy heart this holiday. I don't know if I'm proud to call myself an American these days. Our country is not exactly a peaceful one. I've always been against war in its entirety, but this year is a little a different. We have a new president, one that said he would get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Has he kept his promises? NO! I know it takes time, but enough is enough. We need to stand up and prove to the world that we are peaceful people. We are one people, one world. Why do we separate ourselves by borders and nations? Let us practice the art of peacefulness this July 4th!


Today I remember my little nephew. He died tragically in an ATV accident on Memorial Day of this year. He was my only nephew in a sea of girls (5 nieces). I still can't think about him without crying. I miss him so much. This is a picture of us at a 4th of July picnic in 2004.



We're listening to: Sigur Ros ( ) It is perfect for this cloudy day, and it totally fits the mood. 

















    A few days ago we went to 'the farm'. My family's property out in the country where I used to go as a kid. We have started going there more often and we love it. Kev found a canoe in the woods. My Grampa had probably stashed it there years ago. 




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    i love comments and feedback :)