Monday, August 2, 2010

twenty4

I had a great birthday yesterday. I woke up to roses: 6 yellows (one for every year we've been together) and 1 red (for the year to come). Very creative. :) I also got a massage which was awesome, but it made me feel tired the rest of the day. I just felt kind of out of it. I got a coupon for another one, so I think I'll definitely use that one for the end of long day.


After my massage I came home and showered. Then Kevin came to pick me up and we went to his mom's house for a family crab boil. I LOVE crab legs! It was so good. My mom and stepdad came too. I got some cute presents. My favorite would have to be this really great cookbook from the mother-in-law. It's filled with gift ideas for holidays. I will definitely be putting some of those recipes and ideas up in the next few months.

It was also the first day this summer that it was over 100 degrees outside. I thought it was fitting for someone like me who loves the heat. My little niece Emma loved it too, so we took her outside to swim in the little kiddie pool.

It was a great birthday, one of the best. This is the strawberry cake. Yummy! I was going to bring the peach pie I made the other night, but it was just not that pretty. The crust was all cracky looking. I used up all the candles in the box this year. I guess next year I will have to switch to the number candles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)