Friday, August 27, 2010

a staycation of a lifetime

So even though I was sick for the first two days of my break, it ended up being great. It was relaxing but full. Wednesday night we drove to Norman to see Kevin's friend's band play. We saw a beautiful Oklahoma sunset as well Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips. 
Then Thursday morning we saw Hubble 3D. It was incredible. I wish more movies like that would come out in theaters instead of stupid movies. It made me remember how very small we are in this vast universe. 
Then we had some lunch at one of our favorite places and went out to Martin Nature Park. We used to go there a lot. It is a nature preservation center in the middle of OKC. You can be in the middle of it and feel like you are in the middle of nowhere (except for the faint sound of cars on the highway). It was some much needed nature time. We saw some lovely birds and a huge squirrel. 

We also babysat little Emma last night. She tries to repeat everything we say which could be a bad thing, but we had fun with it. She is getting so big. We took her and the dogs outside and played for a long time.
It wasn't easy going back to work today, but I have tomorrow off and some great things planned. Most pages have been updated in the last couple days. I'll update tomorrow with pics of our grape harvest and stomp!


PS:Kevin's brother found this. Oh my goodness I love it. Just watch it. It is the most amazing light show ever!!!THE GLITCH MOB : BEYOND MONDAY from BEMO | Brandon Hirzel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)