Monday, August 23, 2010

staycation

Today begins my 4 day staycation, my break after a month of working full time and getting up so early. I realize that most people work 40 hour weeks and go in early in the morning. But I refuse to be like the rest of the world. I cannot and will not do that for the rest of my life. So after these precious 4 days I'm going back to a steady 20-25 hours per week and nothing before 8 am. I hope that this will push me to create more art and submit to more shows since I will have more time on my hands. I'm also thinking about taking a semester long internship starting next month. This will be great for my resume and really good experience. So wish me luck! 


I was hoping that I could get some rest and catch up on printing over this break, BUT I'm sick! I've been feeling stuffy and my allergies have been bothering me for over a week now. So this morning I broke down and went to the doctor finally. I have a bad sinus infection and a low grade ear infection in my left ear. I'm on antibiotics (which I hate taking). But hopefully tomorrow I will start feeling better and be able to do some printing and get outside in the dwindling days of the summer heat. 


Most schools in the city started today. Whenever school starts it reminds me that fall is close and summer is almost over. So I must savor the heat that I love so much. It feels really weird and almost bittersweet to not be heading back to school. I'm glad I'm done(for now), but at the same time I miss everyone and I miss having a huge studio and equipment to work with in the art building. I hope someday I can have my own studio, the sooner the better. But in the meantime my little apartment will do.


I've also been getting into a few little hobby crafts. I have a lot of scraps of fabric, so I'm making fabric flowers for pins, hair, etc. An arts and crafts night with Kevin's family inspired me to get into something like that. We made Emma Kate some little hair bows. I got really into it. She looked so cute!


Well my head feels like it's about to explode, so I probably should stop looking at the computer screen. I will be on tomorrow to post some recipes and other things (crossing fingers that I feel better). Toodles!

2 comments:

i love comments and feedback :)