Friday, March 4, 2011

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts

OK, not really. But I do have 2 coconut recipes for you. I'm feeling much better than I was when I made my last post. I think I owe my mood in part to these macaroons. 


Enjoy!

Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
Ingredients
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
dash salt
3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
4 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in coconut making sure that it is all moistened. Drop tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 min until golden on top. While the cookies are in the oven heat cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl and stir until chips are melted. Cool cookies at least 10 min and chocolate mixture to room temp. Dip cookies in or drizzle chocolate over cookies and refrigerate 1 hour.

Notes
This recipe came from joyofbaking.com. I changed very little, but let's be serious...who can wait 1 hour while they're just sitting in the fridge? We ate them warm and put the leftovers (2) in the fridge. They were better all warm and gooey. 


Coconut Milk Chicken
Ingredients
grated ginger
1 small yellow onion (diced)
1 garlic clove
chili powder
S&P
olive oil
1 can coconut milk
2 chicken breasts (diced)
1 bunch fresh spinach
1 green chili (optional)
juice of 1 lime
1 cup cooked rice


Directions
Saute ginger, onion and garlic in olive oil with chili powder, S&P to taste. When onions are soft add half the coconut milk and the chicken. Cover and simmer on medium heat for about 10-15 min until chicken is cooked through. Add remaining coconut milk, spinach, green chili and lime juice. Serve over rice.


Notes
I've posted this recipe before using tilapia, but now I am eating chicken again. So I decided to try it. It works well with the chicken and is just as fast and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)