Friday, October 8, 2010

shortish update

I have been super busy this last week. I haven't really had time to post in a while. I did get around to posting 1 new recipe and a couple of thoughts though. 


Work sucks. It's that simple. I am trying my best to stay positive and remember the bigger picture. I went job hunting yesterday at a few frame shops in Edmond. I didn't have much luck except maybe a temporary holiday position. It would be beneficial to learn how to professionally frame my work, but is it worth quitting my job? I have a lot of decisions to make in the next few weeks. 


Hopefully tomorrow I can sell a ton of work at Momentum Tulsa. I am really excited about it! Also I stumbled across a great opportunity this week. The lady who  cuts my hair just moved into a brand new salon/spa called Rejuvenate in Edmond. She called and asked if I wanted to hang some work there...for free...no gallery cut...full profit! I jumped on that opportunity, and that is what I have been working on all week; framing, cutting mats, putting on wires, sanding and printing title and name plates. I put a few older prints up along with my two newest prints, an oil painting and a wood series of 4 pieces. All together I hung 11 pieces! Most of them are prints that I have multiples of, so I can sell more than one. I am hoping that I can make some money, so that I don't have to work as many hours. Less hours at work=more hours working on art for other shows AND my new website (which is under construction)!  


So I am thinking that maybe I would enjoy working at a bakery part time if I can't find framing or art jobs. I know, random, but my friend Megan and I decided to take a cake decorating class. Last night we had our first of four classes, and we both loved it! It was so much fun. Next week we make and decorate our first cake! Who knows maybe this could turn into more than a hobby...the next cake boss or ace of cakes?


Well next week I work 6 days, so most likely I won't have time to post. I am praying that I can keep my head on straight in the complete chaos there. No walking out in the middle of a shift. Must give a 2 weeks notice, but only when I have something else lined up. I will repeat these things in my head along with the mantra "It's just coffee". Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)