Wednesday, September 29, 2010

updates: recipes, doodle news, etc.

Many recipes up in the last few days: tuna, eggplant, soups, pancakes, etc. I've been really busy the last week because I found out that I got into a show in Tulsa! That's the doodle news. See my piece that got in under the doodles tab. I've been busy prepping prints with sleeves and labels. 

The hubby and I had a nice excursion to see the stars last night, we went out to Arcadia. We just drove until we could see the stars. We took a blanket and some apple cider and watched the sky. It felt so good to feel small again and realize that this universe is so much bigger than we know. It also felt good to just be with Kevin. His new work schedule is making it tough for us to spend a lot of quality time together. Seeing the stars really made me miss living out in the country. I am definitely not a city girl. I got a couple pictures and changed the exposures up a bit. They're not great, but you can see the brightest of the stars. Strangely, there was no moon. I thought it was kind of creepy. Anyway, later this week or maybe next we're going out to the farm in Guthrie. I know we'll be able to see the stars out there, and we might even camp before the weather gets cold.

Tunes: Kevin's favorite band is The Flaming Lips. We've seen them in concert too many times to count, and Kevin was actually featured in their documentary The Fearless Freaks. Their newest album, Embryonic is my my favorite of theirs. I've been listening to it a lot lately. I love how garage grungy it sounds. 

A couple new things are in thoughts too.

Sgt. Pepper says hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)