Thursday, September 16, 2010

rejuvinated!

I feel so great since we got back from our trip. I think I needed that dose of art, music and nature. Not to mention just getting away with my hubby. I'm feeling so great. 


I had applied to an internship at a local gallery about a week before we left. I was really hoping to get it so I could make some connections and possibly get a rec letter for grad school out of it. The first day we were in Colorado I got an email saying that I didn't get it. I was disappointed at first, but now I just feel like it's not the right time. I need time to work on my portfolio and really get my stuff together for grad school. Now that Kevin is working normal hours during the day, I have more time when I'm not working. I can still volunteer too, so it's not a complete loss. 


My wheels have been turning and I have so many great new ideas and concepts from the inspirations on our trip. I have also been a cleaning and organizing machine. I organized my studio and realized that I don't even have a current portfolio. Everything is scattered around and some of it hasn't even been documented. I have a lot of work to do, but I am ready for it. I'm working less hours now, so really I have no excuse. The next few days will consist of taking good quality photos of ALL my work (old and new) and compiling digital and hard copy portfolios. This will also help me figure out how much more I need to do to make it complete.


As for right now, I'm cooking up a storm. I made basil pesto and froze part of it. I'm about to shell some pistachios to make granola, and tonight I'm making a linguini dish with shrimp and bay scallops. Going to pick up our farmer's coop order this evening too. I will update recipes soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)