Monday, May 2, 2011

an important thought

A friend of mine posted this quote today. I think it is so appropriate for our country right now. I can't believe how people are celebrating the death of another human being. I have felt like an outsider all day with everyone talking about how great it is. It hurts my heart.


"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr


Note: I will delete any negative comments, so don't even bother making them. 


5/10/11 Correction the first sentence is a quote from Jessica Dovey. Sorry for the mix up.

2 comments:

  1. Darah Say, this is a nice quote! BUT it is not a Martin Luther King Jr. quote! The first sentence has not been proven, and was not part of the original quote.
    On the other hand, it is so sad to see a nation come together to celebrate death. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for pointing this out sab! i just did a little research and found out that the first sentence is a quote from jessica dovey.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments and feedback :)