Monday, April 25, 2011

sangria blanco & spiced chicken

New recipes! The first is one of my favorite drinks, Sangria! But red wine always gives me a headache, so I searched for a recipe that used white wine. I found a few different ones that I liked, but I ended up making my own with the ideas I found. The second is a chicken recipe with sweet potatoes and carrots. You could substitute a white fish or even seared tofu. Enjoy!


Sangria Blanco
Ingredients
3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1 bottle dry white wine
1 cup brandy (use pear flavored if you can find it)
1 can pineapple chunks(frozen)
1 orange(sliced)
1 bunch fresh mint
1 bottle club soda


Directions
Combine juice, brandy and wine. Stir in orange slices, mint and frozen pineapple chunks. Top each glass with a splash of club soda. (You don't have to add the club soda. Some people just thought it was a little strong. I liked it without!)


Spiced Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1/2 t. each ground ginger and paprika
1/4 t. each coriander and cumin (or 1/2 t. Harissa spice)
S&P
1 large sweet potato cut into chunks
2 medium carrots cut into chunks
1 orange cut into wedges
(I added red potatoes too, because the sweet potato I had wasn't very big, but you don't have to do this)


Directions
Preheat oven to 425. Season chicken with S&P and spice mix. (If you have Harissa use it, it's so much better!) Place chicken in a roasting pan with oranges, potatoes and carrots. Drizzle with olive oil and cover. Roast 20 min. Remove cover and roast another 10 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)