Thursday, May 26, 2011

an unexpected surprise

So a couple of weeks ago I dropped off three pieces at IAO Gallery in downtown OKC. The entry fee was waved for this show since I'm an OVAC member, so I decided to go for it and take a chance. The show 24 Works on Paper is kind of known to be very competitive and hard to get into considering they only accept 24 pieces. There were almost 200 entries and I am proud to announce that one of mine got in!!! I still can't believe it. I'm kind of in shock still. My work will be hanging next to some of Oklahoma's greatest young contemporary artists. The show travels the state for a whole year! I'm so excited and I'm hoping that I can make some really good connections with this opportunity. Click on the link for a list of the artists participating and info about the opening.


"Oh the Cold" mixed media screen print/drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)