Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow day #2 art and fish sticks

Ok not really fish sticks. These are much better. They are baked instead of fried. 


Panko Crusted Fish Strips
Ingredients
1 egg, lightly beaten
S&P
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 T. creole seasoning
1 T. olive oil
2 tilapia fillets, cut into strips
1/2 cup mayo
1 t. dried parsley
1 t. dried dill
1 T. dijon mustard
1 T. lemon juice
2 T. horseradish


Directions:
Preheat oven to 475. In one bowl beat egg with S&P. In another bowl mix bread crumbs, seasoning and oil. Dip fish strips in egg then in bread crumb mixture, make sure to press on the crumbs to stick. Place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake 6-8 min until tops are golden. Remove from oven and flip strips over. Bake another 6-8 min until golden on other side. Mix remaining ingredients to make sauce. 


This was a great meal after working hard all day on my print. I still have the details to go. I have to work tomorrow, so my plan is to get it done Friday and send it in. Wish me luck! Oh and that experiment on wood turned out to be really cool. While my screen was soaking I played around on it with colored pencils, metallic ink, and sharpie. I think I will be submitting this as well. What do you think?
metallic ink makes his face shimmer
angle shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)