Wednesday, November 10, 2010

an unexpected day off

I randomly had the day off today, so I decided to take full advantage of it. I've been working on a new print for my niece. It still needs all the detail work, but I think it's looking pretty good. Read more about it in doodles
That's pretty much all I've been doing today. It feels so good to start printing again. I have so many great ideas I want to get started on after this. I also found out today that I'm having a little party/reception thing at the salon where my art is displayed. I have yet to sell anything there, so I hope this event  changes that. The next big show I'm looking forward to is Momentum OKC. It is in March, so I've got a while, but I'm already thinking of things to submit. 

Anyway, I finally went to the grocery store yesterday when I got off work. Now I can cook again! I made a yummy Winter Root Vegetable Soup with roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and other delicious veggies. Tonight I'm making a big batch of granola that will hopefully last for a while. I'm liking this routine of working the weekdays, printing and cooking at night, and having the weekend to spend with the hubby. BUT having a day off in the middle of the week sure is nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)