Monday, November 1, 2010

halloween weekend

So when I said that Halloween was my favorite holiday ever, I was not kidding around. We decided to be Dr. zombies. We looked pretty good and scary if you ask me. We went trick-or-treating at the Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne's house and saw a giant brain, saw a great DJ set at The Blue Note, and we went to Big Truck Tacos for the first time (which was super good by the way). 

Mr Wayne Coyne was pretty excited about our costumes
There were some interesting treats on the menu too. I'll post some recipes later this week. The brain was my personal favorite.
a gooey brain, eyeballs and ghosts!

AND we carved a total of 7 pumpkins this month!!! 

and Kev's cheshire cat

Jack Skellington pumpkin

the last 2 mini jack-o-lanterns

We love Halloween!
and Pep loved his wizard costume
Last but not least...
PUNKIN SEEDS! Ingredients: Pumpkin seeds, butter, Lawreys season salt. Directions: Scoop seeds out of pumpkin and separate from stringy goopy stuff. Rinse seeds in a colander and pat dry. Preheat oven to 325. Saute seeds in butter (I do about 2 Tbspns per pumpkin) on medium/high heat for about 5 min. Pour out onto foil lined cookie sheet. Roast in oven for 10 min. Stir around and sprinkle with Lawreys salt. Roast 10-15 min more until crunchy and slightly brown. Let cool 5-10 min. These are my favorite! It's actually my favorite part about carving punkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)