Sunday, July 3, 2011

watermelonade & popsicles

Watermelon just reminds me of July...I remember watching fireworks when I was little with juice running down my chin and off my elbows! So we got a big one at the farmer's market on Saturday, and you can't get a big watermelon for two people without a few recipes in mind. The first is from the website They Draw and Cook...I made a few changes. The second is still freezing and I cannot wait to try it! They look so good! I tried a little bit of the puree and wow! Well here they are...


This picture is not mine...I was
too lazy too take one. Mine were
much redder & didn't have bubbles
Watermelonade
Ingredients
3 cups chopped watermelon
juice of 1 lemon
2 T. sugar


Directions
Puree all ingredients in blender. Pour through a fine strainer, discard solids. Add ice and more sugar to taste. 




Watermelon Mint Popsicles
Ingredients
2 cups chopped watermelon
1/3 cup sugar
1 T. minced mint leaves
1/4 cup greek yogurt


Directions
Puree all ingredients in blender. Pour through a fine strainer, discard solids, then pour into popsicles molds. Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight. 


I hope everyone who is off work tomorrow has a nice holiday. Thanks for reading my ramblings. :)

1 comment:

  1. yum! we had an amazing watermelon for the 4th too and made your watermelonade! it was sooo good : )

    ReplyDelete

i love comments and feedback :)