Friday, December 3, 2010

December already?!

I can't believe 2011 is almost here! It seems like this year has just flown by. I am trying my best to get excited about the holidays. It's not that I don't like this time of year, I just much prefer the warmer months. The holidays also seem to be such a source of stress for most people in our society today. Working in retail and food service will make anyone a scrooge. 


One thing that I do love about this time of year is the baking. Baking is my favorite type of cooking. Mainly because the end result is something sweet, and sweet things always put smiles on faces. But also because when you have to put something in the oven and wait it just seems more special and homemade. When all the stresses are over and family sits down together to eat, I remember that I like this time of year after all. 


This year I am making and baking gifts. So get ready friends and family. If you're on a diet, well...sorry. Kevin and I have already made a delicious hot chocolate mix, some oatmeal cookies, and a turkey soup mix. I like mixes because they are super easy and fun to make with someone else. If you want to see how they are made you can look on my recipes page. But don't bother making them now, because you already know you will probably be getting a jar of some delicious mix for Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments and feedback :)